Help us to challenge perceptions and create a powerful voice for change by sharing our Never2Young Advocacy Agenda with your family, friends and networks.
Sign up to be a #N2Y Champion and share your lived-experience this June.
Download one of our dedicated Never2Young Advocacy Agenda social media placards and photograph yourself (and/or your loved ones) holding up the message.
Then share the photograph on your social media, along with your story, during 1-30 June 2022, and remember to tag @BowelCancerAustralia #BowelCancerAustralia #Never2Young
To further amplify the message, we’d love to share your photo too, and include it in the collage on our website, so please do send it through to us using this form.
| #N2Y Advocacy Agenda
Bowel Cancer Australia’s Never2Young Advocacy Agenda seeks to improve care experiences and health outcomes for younger people by championing -
- Greater awareness: among the community and health professionals of young-onset bowel cancer.
- Lower screening age: below 50, in response to the increasing rates of bowel cancer in younger people.
- Prompt GP referral: to a colonoscopy for all younger people who present with symptoms that may be consistent with bowel cancer.
- Improved pathways: that ensure timely triage, diagnosis and treatment for younger people.
- Better understanding: the challenges of young-onset bowel cancer to improve and tailor treatment, support and care for younger patients.
- Further research: into the causes of young-onset bowel cancer, helping build a path toward a cure.
Help us to challenge perceptions and create a powerful voice for change by sharing our
Never2Young Advocacy Agenda and your lived experience.
| #N2Y Get social and help raise awareness of young-onset bowel cancer this June
'You have bowel cancer' - four words you don't expect to hear when you're young. Yet each year over 1,500 young Australians do.
Download our social tiles, be the messenger, and help us to raise awareness that you’re never too young to have bowel cancer.
Our easily shareable Never2Young Advocacy Agenda social tiles can be downloaded and added to your own social media anytime throughout June.
Remember to tag @BowelCancerAustralia #Never2Young #BowelCancerAustralia
We also have a series of Never2Young Advocacy Agenda placards for you to print out or display on a tablet and hold up in a photograph when sharing your lived experience story.
If you haven’t already, become a fan, follow and connect with Bowel Cancer Australia on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter or TikTok and encourage everyone in your networks to do the same.
Show your support and spread the word by posting, sharing, tweeting, re-gramming and re-tweeting our messages throughout Bowel Cancer Awareness Month. Include your (or your loved ones) lived experience with bowel cancer and don’t forget to promote the great ways you are getting involved fundraising too.