Talk to your GP or pharmacist today about BowelScreen Australia.
Order a screening test online or by calling 1800 555 494.
Please note, the Department of Health is responsible for the National Bowel Cancer Screening Program (NBCSP). Eligible Australians aged 50-74 will receive a taxpayer-funded bowel cancer screening test in the mail. Click here to check your eligibility. For further information please contact the NBCSP directly on 1800 930 998 or you can send an email via the Program's website.
| How to screen
- Take the instructions, your information sheet, with the barcode labels, brush kit and test card into the bathroom.
- Flush toilet BEFORE your bowel movement.
- After your bowel movement, DO NOT PLACE USED TOILET PAPER IN THE TOILET BOWL. Instead, put the used toilet paper in one of the blue waste bags from the brush kit envelope.
- DO NOT FLUSH the toilet.
- Lift the flap marked 'LIFT HERE FOR SAMPLE 1' on the test card to uncover the small white square marked 'SAMPLE 1'.
- Using one of the blue brushes, gently brush the surface of the poo for about five seconds.
- If the poo is loose, simply stir the water around the poo.
- Remove the brush from the water and gently shake it once to remove excess water and any clumps of poo.
- Transfer the water sample by gently dabbing the bristles of the brush onto the small white square on the test card for about five seconds (some staining of the square may occur).
- Put the used brush in the blue waste bag and put the bag in your rubbish bin.
- Close the flap back over 'SAMPLE 1' and stick the flap down using one of the barcode labels located on the information sheet.
- See diagrams above for the correct way to position the label.
SAMPLE 2 - Your second poo
This sampe must be from a different poo to increase the chance of detecting non-visible blood.
- Use the second blue brush, blue waste bag and the test card flap marked 'SAMPLE 2', and repeat steps 1 to 5 above.
- Use the second barcode label to reseal flap marked 'SAMPLE 2'.
- Complete the information sheet.
- You must complete your GP's details or the test cannot be processed.
- Place the test card and information sheet in the reply paid envelope.
- Mail the envelope so it is received by the laboratory for analysis within 14 days of the date you collected SAMPLE 1.
- Your results will be mailed to you and your nominated GP.
| Become a stockist
Community pharmacies or General Practices interested in stocking
BowelScreen Australia ColoVantage test kits, please call Clinical Genomics on 1800 55 65 75
during business hours and select Option 3 when prompted.