International Awareness Campaign
You have bowel cancer…. Four words you don't expect to hear when you're young. Yet each year more than 1,100 young Australians do. It is a common misconception that bowel cancer is 'an old person's disease', but the reality is that you should never be told that you are too young to have bowel cancer.
Your story is unique – just like you. So why not tell the world? This is your chance to shout it loud and change someone’s life.
Young Survivors Week - the low down
WHAT: An international week dedicated to honouring people like you who have been diagnosed with bowel cancer under the age of 50, and are now living with or beyond bowel cancer. Share photos and stories to raise community awareness of bowel cancer and provide support to young people diagnosed with the disease.
WHEN: 5-11 June 2016
WHY: 1 in 14 Australians diagnosed with bowel cancer are under the age of 50, and that number is growing. We’re not okay with that. You’re not either. Let’s shout it out and shake things up.
WHO: YOU! If you are living with or beyond bowel cancer - your'e a Young Survviror. But we’d love if you could get your friends, family and everyone else you know (and maybe even people you don’t) to join in too.
Young Survivors Week - what we need you to do
The 2016 Young Survivors Week campaign has launched!
To get involved and for further details on the 2016 Young Survivors Week campaign head to >> Young and Brave: Bowel Cancer Australia marks Young Survivors Weeks 2016. Get Started with our 5-day Young Survivors Week challenge.
The Truth: Young Survivors Week is about you
Your passion and determination help bring young onset bowel cancer to the forefront of the conversation. You have the ability to carry this message to the masses and get people talking.
So please get on board this Young Survivors Week, share your story and advice to other young people, raise funds and encourage others to do the same!
Young Survivors Week is an initiative of the Never Too Young Coalition.
Register to become a #Never2Young Champion
Bowel Cancer... You're Never Too Young
Bowel Cancer... You're Never Too Young is an advocacy initiative from Bowel Cancer Australia, providing resources uniquely designed for younger people, helping them to better understand their bowel cancer risk and to take appropriate action.
Here are five things you can do in five minutes to spread the #Never2Young message far and wide -
1. Register to become a #Never2Young Champion and support this year's Young Survivors Week in Australia. Simply complete the web form above and we'll get in touch with further details.
2. Connect with us on Facebook @BowelCancerAustralia @NeverTooYoungCoalition, Twitter @BowelCancerAust and Instagram @BowelCancerAustralia – then post, tweet, like, share, and re-tweet using the hash tags #BowelCancerAustralia #Never2Young.
3. Talk with people you know who have a personal connection to bowel cancer, either as a young survivor or patient, or a loved one of someone who battled this disease, and ask them to share their story and 'one piece of advice' through Social Media, email or face-to-face with friends and family.
4. Organise a get-together with friends and family during Young Survivors Week to recognise and honour people in your community who were diagnosed with bowel cancer under the age of 50.
5. Help save lives and improve the health and wellbeing of young people living with bowel cancer by making a donation to Bowel Cancer Australia or organising a #Never2Young fundraiser (online or offline).