Serves 4, 4-5 grams fibre per serve.
Tip – both apricots and avocados need to be firm to the touch with just a little give under a very gentle squeeze. Choose the thinner asparagus stalks with closed tips; they are tender and easier to chew
- 600 grams of chicken or firm tofu cut into thin strips, thoroughly mixed through with one tablespoon of olive oil and crushed garlic (three cloves) marinated over the day in fridge
- 1 whole avocado cut into slivers
- 100 grams of apricots stones removed and cut into slivers
- 1 bunch of fresh asparagus (blanched for 3 minutes in boiled water, removed and drained)
- 1 butter lettuce washed and chopped
- 50 grams of sunflower seeds (nice if you toast gently in 150C oven for 8-10 minutes before adding to salad)