- 100 grams plain flour
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- 75grams caster sugar
- 100 grams icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 50 grams Nuttlex ®or butter
- 1 egg yolk
- Star and Christmas tree cookie cutters
- Cream together caster sugar and nuttlex or butter, mix in the egg yolk and blend in the flour, cinnamon and lime zest. Cover the dough with cling wrap and refrigerate for 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Take the dough out of the fridge and place it on a lightly floured wooden board. Roll the dough to about a 1cm thickness and stamp out stars and Christmas tree shapes.
- Line a baking tin with baking paper and place the biscuits on the tray and bake for 6-10 minutes until golden. Let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Sift icing sugar into a bowl and add a little lemon juice at a time to make a smooth thick paste. Coat the biscuits with the icing and leave to set.
- Serve immediately or store for a day in an airtight container.