Bowel cancer remains one of Australia’s most common cancers and is the second biggest cancer killer, and yet it is not on everyone’s radar.
Bowel cancer can be treated successfully in 90% of cases when detected early, but symptoms often go undetected or ignored until the cancer has advanced.
We need your help to change this.
We need your support to beat bowel cancer.
Bowel Cancer Awareness Month is the perfect time to raise awareness and challenge common misperceptions about the disease.
Here’s how you can get involved:
- Order a free awareness pack complete with educational posters and flyers to distribute at your workplace, community centre, social or sporting group.
- Register here to sell Bowel Cancer Awareness Ribbons to family, friends and local community members.
- Host a Bowel Cancer Awareness Month or Red Apple Day (June 21st) fundraiser (e.g. a casual clothes day, breakfast/lunch, morning/afternoon tea, gold coin donation, cooking competition etc.). Start fundraising now.
- Connect with Bowel Cancer Australia on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and help spread the word by sharing, re-posting and tweeting messages to raise awareness, understanding and funds.
- Find out about bowel cancer prevention, risks and symptoms and share what you learn with others.
- Donate today to help save lives and to improve the health and wellbeing of people living with bowel cancer. Every donation over $2 is fully tax-deductible.
Bowel Cancer Australia is the leading community-funded charity dedicated to prevention, early diagnosis, research, quality treatment and care for everyone affected by bowel cancer.
Proudly 100% community-funded, Bowel Cancer Australia receives no government funding.
We rely entirely on donations and bequests to continue our life-saving work.
Every donation makes a real difference.
For more information and to get involved this June, visit Bowel Cancer Australia's Bowel Cancer Awareness Month website bowelcancerawarenessmonth.org.