- One whole large orange zested and juiced (about ½ cup of juice)
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons (or more if desired) of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Gently heat a pan on a moderate heat and add teaspoon of coconut oil
- Add celery and green onion stalk and gently heat for 1-2 minutes add lentils and stir until all ingredients are mixed, take off heat.
- Allow to cool
- Use a clean glass jar and combine orange juice, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Put the lid on. Shake vigorously until contents are mixed. Pour dressing over lentil salad. Toss gently to cover all the contents in the bowl.
- In a large bowl add lentil and dressing mix, crushed walnuts and mix together, finally add crumbed cheese and continental parsley and mix through
Serve with a green salad