Makes 8 pancakes
Mix the flour of your choice with oats, cornmeal, chia or LSA, honey, baking soda and baking powder. Pour in the milk of your choice and the beaten egg stir until mixture is smooth. Heat a large pan and coat with olive oil. Drop batter in large spoonful into the pan until pan base is covered. Cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry.
Flip the pancake and cook until browned (about a minute either side). Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve with berries, banana or fresh mango and a dollop of plain yoghurt.
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour or buckwheat flour
- ½ cup of rolled oats
- ¼ cup of cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds or LSA (linseed, sesame and almond) meal
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 cups of full fat milk or soy milk
- Olive oil to grease the pan