Below are the real life stories and personal experiences of people who are living with or beyond bowel cancer.
You are welcome to share your personal experience - whether you are living with or beyond bowel cancer or as a loved one.
Bowel Cancer Australia promotes bowel cancer stories in the media, on our website, on social media and in our patient resources.
Stories highlight personal bowel cancer experiences, raise awareness of the signs and symptoms and can encourage and inspire others. Stories are also a valuable resource for other patients and loved ones, who often find it helpful to read about personal experiences of others who are living with or have been affected by bowel cancer.
Please complete the form below to share your story (and photo) with us.
- Details of your diagnosis
e.g. What age were you? What stage was the bowel cancer when diagnosed? How had you been feeling prior to diagnosis? Did you experience any symptoms? What prompted you to make an appointment to see a GP? What tests and investigations did you undergo?
- What treatment did you receive and how did you feel during your treatment?
e.g. What treatment did you receive - surgery, chemotherapy and/or radiotherapy? Were biomarker tests, precision medicines/immunotherapies discussed? Did you experience any side effects? Anything in particular you found helped you during this time?
- How are things now?
e.g. Are you still undergoing treatment? Have you completed treatment, are you in remission?
- Were there any particular positive or negative impacts on your life due that you did not anticipate?
- Is there anything you wish you knew at the time of your bowel cancer diagnosis?
e.g. Something you believe could have helped you during your experience that you know now and would like to share with others?
- Do you have any advice for others following your personal bowel cancer experience?
- Is there any other relative information you would like to add?
Please remember not to include the names of any medical/nursing staff or hospitals.